- Free fruit all day, every day
- Free bagels on Fridays
- Slick work computer with dual 1920 x 1080 monitors
- A workspace that’s like half the size of my apartment
- Talk to friends on GChat all day
- Listen to NPR or music whenever I want
- Hardly any supervision from people above me
And the best part is that I’m doing real engineering and I feel like I’m doing real engineering. My boss just gives me an end goal and I have to figure out how to get there. Sure, there’s some guidance along the way when we do revisions, but 90% I’m just engaged in active problem-solving, and there’s constantly new problems coming up, so no two days ever feel the same.
You should become an engineer. It’s awesome.
I am so jelly.